Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 0: Cork

Ooooh! My very first entry!

Ok, nothing's happened yet, I'm just at home in bed. But tomorrow will be the start of my grand adventure! Just think of this as a prologue.

So, I'm all set to go. I took my bike to the bike man earlier in the week so hopefully it's in tip top shape. Also, on a side note, I've noticed that everyone who owns a bike shop is super nice!
Anyway, I bought a bell too, so I'm ready to 'bring bring' my way around Holland!

Today was the first time it all kinda hit me. I'm feeling excited but very nervous. I'll be fine once I'm standing outside Schiphol Airport with my bike in hand. I'm dreading the thought of it being damaged on the plane though. I've never been abroad by myself before, or cycled super long distances so that's making me feel a bit jittery at the moment but once I have the first day down and I get into a routine, I'll be grand.

Anyway, I'm waffling on and I haven't even left yet!

Peace out for now,
Mark

1 comment:

JohnnyG said...

Bring Bring Bring Bring Bring Bring Bring Bring Banana ... Bike?