Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 7: Eindhoven....again

Today was one of my best, even though it was still quite drizzly.

It was another one of my relaxy days. I started off with a nice lie-in. I got up at about 11, missed breakfast but it was totally worth it! I asked the guy at the desk to make me a slice of pizza when I got up, so that was my breakfast. (they do food here by the way, I wasn't just being an asshole!) After that I sat in the lounge for a couple of hours reading my book and listening to music. I'm still only on like page 85, I'm such a slow reader! I'm really enjoying it though.

I was waiting for the pool to open, so I headed over there as soon as it was 2 o'clock. They had a big diving board so I got endless enjoyment out of that! I just kept diving off it, swimming to the edge and then going up again. I was like a big child! The other swimmers might have been a bit annoyed....

After that I was counting down the hours to the match. I headed into Eindhoven, picked up my tickets, along with my 20E voucher for the gift shop and 10E of food tokens. I had time to kill so I wandered around the gift shop for a while. The jerseys were like 70 quid each, but they had some of last years for sale too for 30E, so I got one of them.

Oh ya, on the bus into Eindhoven, we went some kind of weird route through road works (the bus driver must have been new or something) and we hit a massive pot hole or bump or something. It was like we had been hit by a car! There were panels falling from the ceiling and everything! Some people were saying things to the driver, if only I could understand them! I still don't really know what happened......

Anyway, the match. I felt like a proper fan with my new jersey, walking to the stadium with the hoards. As matches go, it wasn't the best but I really loved it! There was a great atmosphere in the stadium. It finished 1-0 to PSV (I think). They scored another at the end but I think it was disallowed. It's hard to tell when you're actually at the match, and without commentators. I wanted to take some photos of the stadium too (particularly with Frankie) but my battery went before I got there. I was gutted!

My plan for tomorrow? I don't know yet. I have two options made out for myself.
  • If it's sunny: I'll cycle to Breda, stay there for a night and then onto Rotterdam.

  • If it's rainy: I'll get the train to Rotterdam and spend two days there

I don't want to keep getting the train, but it's about 70km to Breda and I don't fancy doing that in the rain, to be honest. I'll see how things are in the morning anyway. I'll let fate decide.

I think that's all I did today. I hope all is well at home.

Peace out for now!

2 comments:

Claire.Quinlan said...

Mark when we were in Amsterdam we saw loads of crazy contraptions for bikes, and Id say they'd be cheap too. You should get the bag thats like saddle bags you know, they hang over the backer thing lol I'm so articulate! I haven't slept properly since I got back actually its all party this going out that but yesterday was my last day so when your back lots of fun weekends! Your match thing sounds coool, did you get a hot dog, and some peanuts?!

Mark O'Leary said...

I've seen the things you were talking about, the saddle bags. I have way too much stuff with me though!

When I bought my ticket for the match, I got 10E worth of food in the stadium but I wasn't that hungry so I just bought a load of snickers' for my travels! :)